Throughout the year, GW hosts theatre, dance and musical
performances open to the public. Many of these events offer discounts to
Dozens of performances are
held at the 435-seat Dorothy Betts Marvin Theatre in the Marvin Center.
The Lisner Auditorium hosts more than 200 events each year, many of them
featuring national and international artists.
For information about
performances at Lisner Auditorium, visit here or call 202-994-6800.
GW Performance Groups
GW Music Groups
- The University
Singers - a 70-member group appearing at Lisner Auditorium in
- The University
Symphony Orchestra - a full-student symphony orchestra performing
in November and April at Lisner Auditorium
- The University Symphonic Band -
a full-student band performing in Novmeber and April at Lisner
- The University Wind Ensemble - a
full-student wind ensemble performing in November and April at Lisner
- The Faculty Artists Series -
featuring various faculty musicians and performing throughout the
- Friday Live Jazz - featuring
jazz students and faculty every Friday from 12 - 2 pm performing in the
For more information on these and other
performances around campus, contact the Department of Music at
GW Student Music Groups
- The Troubadours - a 15-member
group performing at the Dorothy Betts Marvin Theatre in October and
mid-February. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sons of Pitch - male a cappella group. Visit their website at www.gwu.edu/~sop/.
- GW Pitches - entertaining
communities by performing a cappella music. Contact email@example.com.
- GW Vibes - providing the GW
community with entertaining co-ed a capella music Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GW Student Theatre and Dance
- Forbidden Planet Productions - providing an outlet for students at GW who have an affinity for theatre and desire to work on aspects of theatre production. Contact email@example.com.
- Generic Theatre - a student-run theatrical company producing four dramatic performances each year including a Festival of New Work each spring. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ballroom Society -
The purpose of this organization is to organize and support programs for
the recreational enjoyment of ballroom dancing by the GW community and
create affordable opportunities for the student body to participate in
ballroom dancing and DanceSport; Apply special programs to attract
beginners to ballroom dancing and to both encourage and assist these
dancers in meeting their goals; Organize and support programs to increase
the number of dancers and to assist in the elevation of dancing skills
among amateurs, both competitors and recreational social dancers in the
Washington, DC Metro Area; Organize and support amateur DanceSport events,
including national, regional and local championships. Visit their website
at www.gwu.edu/~ballroom. Contact email@example.com.
- Fourteenth Grade Players - provide students, theater and non-majors, with the opportunity to direct, produce, act and teach shows as an extracurricular activity. Visit their website at http://14thgradeplayers.org. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.